Wagon Wheel Breakfast Pie Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons 2% milk, divided
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- Dash pepper
- 4 Johnsonville® Original Breakfast Sausage Links
- 1/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 egg
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Dash paprika
- 1. Place the hash browns in a 7-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, 2 tablespoons milk, onion, salt if desired and pepper; spread over potatoes.
- 2. Cut sausage links in half lengthwise; arrange over potatoes in a spoke-like fashion.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk the biscuit mix, egg, nutmeg and remaining milk until smooth; pour between sausages. Sprinkle with paprika.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and filling is bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (prepared with reduced-fat cream cheese, fat-free milk, reduced-fat baking mix and egg substitute; calculated without salt) equals 386 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 816 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 17 g protein.