- 1-1/2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons 2% milk, divided
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- Dash pepper
- 4 uncooked breakfast sausage links
- 1/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Dash paprika
- Place the hash browns in a 7-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, 2 tablespoons milk, onion, salt if desired and pepper; spread over potatoes.
- Cut sausage links in half lengthwise; arrange over potatoes in a spoke-like fashion.
- In a small bowl, whisk the biscuit mix, egg, nutmeg and remaining milk until smooth; pour between sausages. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and filling is bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Wagon Wheel Breakfast Pie
Sort By :
I used the non-frozen hash browns in the dairy case and added a Tbsp. minced garlic to the cream cheese mixture..I also used low-fat cream cheese and skim milk as that was what I had on hand. I sprinkled 1/2 cup of colby/jack cheese over the cream cheese mixture between the sausage spokes before I added the biscuit mixture. It was awesome!!! A great breakfast and I will try to adapt it for a 9x13 pan by doubling the ingredients so I can serve it for company. We had it for Mother's Day breakfast and we loved it!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Potatoes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast for Two >
- Breakfast Meat Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes for Two >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >