Wagon Train Pasta Recipe
- 3 cups uncooked wagon wheel pasta
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the egg, salt, garlic and pepper. Add beef and mix well. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs; mix gently.
- 2. Crumble beef mixture into a large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-4 minutes or until heated through.
- 3. Drain pasta; place in a serving bowl. Add beef mixture; sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Toss until pasta is well coated and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Yield: 5 servings.
1 cup: 363 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 777mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 22g protein
Reviews for Wagon Train Pasta
"I made this last night for dinner and it was a huge hit! It all came together with a smooth texture and my picky eater had 2 helpings. Definitey a keeper."