Wagon Train Pasta Recipe
"Our three kids just love the fun wagon wheel shapes in this quick-and-easy recipe," relates Janine Freeman from Blaine, Washington. "The mildly seasoned sauce is something that even the pickiest eaters enjoy." TIP: For variety, try it with Italian sausage instead of ground beef, Janine recommends.
- 3 cups uncooked wagon wheel pasta
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 cups Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the egg, salt, garlic and pepper. Add beef and mix well. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs; mix gently.
- 2. Crumble beef mixture into a large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-4 minutes or until heated through.
- 3. Drain pasta; place in a serving bowl. Add beef mixture; sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Toss until pasta is well coated and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Yield: 5 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 363 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 777 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 22 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC