Waffles with Warm Strawberry Sauce Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen unsweetened whole strawberries
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 8 frozen waffles
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the strawberries, 1/4 cup cranberry juice and honey. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining cranberry juice until smooth; stir into strawberry mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Toast waffles according to package directions; top with warm strawberry sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
2 each: 277 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 527mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Waffles with Warm Strawberry Sauce
"i had fresh strawberries so i used them with a little extra juice, it is fantastic!"