Waffles with Warm Strawberry Sauce Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen unsweetened whole strawberries
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 8 frozen waffles
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the strawberries, 1/4 cup cranberry juice and honey. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining cranberry juice until smooth; stir into strawberry mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Toast waffles according to package directions; top with warm strawberry sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
2 each: 277 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 527mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Waffles with Warm Strawberry Sauce
"i had fresh strawberries so i used them with a little extra juice, it is fantastic!"