This warm and fruity sauce takes only minutes to make. It's a nice way to present frozen waffles or even pancakes and French toast. If you don't have cranberry juice, orange juice can be used.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen unsweetened whole strawberries
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 8 frozen waffles
- In a large saucepan, combine the strawberries, 1/4 cup cranberry juice and honey. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining cranberry juice until smooth; stir into strawberry mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Toast waffles according to package directions; top with warm strawberry sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry-Topped Waffles in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2002, p1
Reviews for Waffles with Warm Strawberry Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 28, 2012
"i had fresh strawberries so i used them with a little extra juice, it is fantastic!"