Waffles with Warm Strawberry Sauce Recipe
This warm and fruity sauce takes only minutes to make. It's a nice way to present frozen waffles or even pancakes and French toast. If you don't have cranberry juice, orange juice can be used.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen unsweetened whole strawberries
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 8 frozen waffles
- In a large saucepan, combine the strawberries, 1/4 cup cranberry juice and honey. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining cranberry juice until smooth; stir into strawberry mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Toast waffles according to package directions; top with warm strawberry sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry-Topped Waffles in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2002, p1
Reviews for Waffles with Warm Strawberry Sauce(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 28, 2012
i had fresh strawberries so i used them with a little extra juice, it is fantastic!
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Kids Breakfast Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >