Waffles with Vanilla Sauce Recipe
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, separated
- 3-2/3 cups milk, divided
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh strawberries
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat egg yolks lightly. Add 1-2/3 cups milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Set aside 1/4 cup batter in a small bowl. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into remaining batter.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown.
- In a saucepan, heat sugar and remaining milk until scalded. Stir a small amount into reserved batter; return all to pan. Bring to a boil; boil for 5-7 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; add vanilla and mix well (sauce will thicken upon standing). Serve over waffles. Top with berries. Yield: 6-8 waffles (6-1/2 inches).
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Waffles with Vanilla Sauce
Sort By :
"This is a fantastic waffle recipe! I served it with fresh strawberries and blueberries, and it was a big hit! I did modify it by adding 2 Tbsp of sugar to the waffles, though."
"My husband and I love waffles. This is my go to waffle recipe I have made them many time and they turn out fantastic. We love the white sauce on them!"
"A truly wonderful recipe. Great with fruit and the vanilla sauce is fantastic."
"I LOVE this recipe! I'm a huge fan of fluffy waffles, but not a fan of maple surup. This vanilla sauce is a great variation-that is great with any type of fruit."