- and stir for 8-10 minutes or until thickened.
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, flaxseed, baking powder, baking
- soda and cinnamon. Combine the buttermilk, orange juice, oil and
- vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's
- directions until golden brown. Serve with compote. Yield: 12 waffles
- (1-1/2 cups compote).
Nutritional Facts: 2 waffles with 1/4 cup compote equals 251 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 324 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.