Waffles From Scratch Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Confectioners' sugar and fresh fruit or maple syrup
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks, milk and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Fold into batter.
- 3. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Top with confectioners' sugar and fruit or serve with syrup. Yield: 8 waffles (about 4 inches).
2 waffles (calculated without confectioner's sugar, fruit or maple syrup) equals 691 calories, 33 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 290 mg cholesterol, 1,146 mg sodium, 78 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 20 g protein.