Waffles From Scratch Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Confectioners' sugar and fresh fruit or maple syrup
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks, milk and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Fold into batter.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Top with confectioners' sugar and fruit or serve with syrup. Yield: 8 waffles (about 4 inches).
Reviews for Waffles From Scratch(10)
Sort By :
We LOVE these waffles, but I will admit, that we cut back on sugar in most recipes- probably why my review is unlike most posted here. We feel that we get plenty of sweetness from real maple syrup. I have made these probably a dozen times now, using a belgian waffle iron, this makes four nice sized waffles. I always add a sprinkle of cinnamon and a touch of nutmeg. The separated egg whites take just 2 extra minutes and they make for a fluffy inside texture, while the butter creates a fabulous crusty outside! Phenomenal recipe!
add 1 egg. Don't separate the eggs wisk them for 3 to 5 minutes on high or setting 10 on the Kitchen Aid mixer. I have made these the past three weekends in my belgian waffle iron and the kids can't get enough... Making my second batch this morning we have guests and they love them. Teenagers.
Batter was to thick and very bland..not quick to make considering you have to beat the whites separate..didn't make very many for a normal size waffle maker. Ended up using the old standby pancake mix in the box, which was much lighter and better taste.
Very disappointing. This receipe was easy to follow, but the waffles were very bland and tasteless
I thought the waffles had good flavor, not very sweet, but I made a strawberry syrup that tasted excellent on them. Again, not light and fluffy, but I would make them again.
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast for Two >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes for Two >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >