Waffled Pizza Bites Recipe
The whole family will love this playful twist on "waffles." Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses are sandwiched between two layers of dough and cooked up in the waffle iron. It's like a pizza grilled cheese waffle! —Deirdre Cox, Kansas City, Missouri
- 1-1/4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 32 slices pepperoni (about 2 ounces)
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce, warmed
- Optional toppings: sliced pepperoni, shredded mozzarella cheese and basil
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cheeses, basil and oregano. Separate each roll of crescent dough into two 7x6-in. rectangles; seal perforations.
- 2. Place one rectangle on a preheated greased 8-in.-square waffle iron (dough will not cover entire surface). Layer with half the cheese mixture and half the pepperoni to 1/2 in. of edges; top with another rectangle. Bake for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown. Repeat.
- 3. Remove to a cutting board and cool slightly. Cut into triangles; serve warm with pizza sauce and, if desired, toppings. Yield: 8 appetizers (1-3/4 cups sauce).
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC