The whole family will love this playful twist on "waffles." Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses are sandwiched between two layers of dough and cooked up in the waffle iron. It's like a pizza grilled cheese waffle! —Deirdre Cox, Kansas City, Missouri
Featured In: 41 Recipes to Make with Crescent Dough
- 1-1/4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 32 slices pepperoni (about 2 ounces)
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce, warmed
- Optional toppings: sliced pepperoni, shredded mozzarella cheese and basil
- In a small bowl, combine the cheeses, basil and oregano. Separate each roll of crescent dough into two 7x6-in. rectangles; seal perforations.
- Place one rectangle on a preheated greased 8-in.-square waffle iron (dough will not cover entire surface). Layer with half the cheese mixture and half the pepperoni to 1/2 in. of edges; top with another rectangle. Bake for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown. Repeat.
- Remove to a cutting board and cool slightly. Cut into triangles; serve warm with pizza sauce and, if desired, toppings. Yield: 8 appetizers (1-3/4 cups sauce).
Originally published as Waffled Pizza Bites in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p186
Reviews for Waffled Pizza Bites
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review