Waffled French Toast Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 4 slices whole wheat or white bread
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup reduced-calorie pancake syrup
- 1. In a shallow dish, beat the egg, egg white and milk. Dip bread into egg mixture, coating both sides. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown.
- 2. For sauce, in a bowl, crush the strawberries; stir in the pancake syrup. Serve French toast with the strawberry sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
One serving (2 pieces French toast with 6 tablespoons sauce) equals 261 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 401 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 11 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fruit.