Are waffles too much trouble for the two of you? You'll want to try this quick and clever alternative from Martha Osborne of Jackson, Michigan. Martha drizzles crispy slices of whole wheat bread with a yummy strawberry sauce that combines pancake syrup and fresh sliced berries. It's sure to become a breakfast favorite at your house, too!
Recommended: Top 10 Breakfast Recipes
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 4 slices whole wheat or white bread
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup reduced-calorie pancake syrup
- In a shallow dish, beat the egg, egg white and milk. Dip bread into egg mixture, coating both sides. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown.
- For sauce, in a bowl, crush the strawberries; stir in the pancake syrup. Serve French toast with the strawberry sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Waffled French Toast in Light & Tasty August/September 2004, p63
Reviews for Waffled French Toast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review