Robyn Parrish of Daly City, California starts the day off right by combining three favorite breakfast foods into one. The sandwiches are delicious with regular maple syrup or homemade Dutch Honey Syrup (below).
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 8 frozen waffles
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and drained
- Maple syrup
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Whisk
- the eggs, salt and pepper. Add egg mixture to skillet (mixture
- should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked
- portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, cut into four
- Meanwhile, prepare waffles according to package directions. For each
- sandwich, place one waffle on a plate. Layer with an omelet wedge,
- two bacon strips and another waffle. Serve with syrup. Yield: 4