Breakfast for lunch or dinner? Why not, when the recipe's this easy! I like to serve it with some crisp, juicy sweet apples. Sometimes I add raisins and nuts to the filling for sweetness and crunch. —Michele McHenry, Bellingham, Washington
- 1 slice Canadian bacon
- 1 large egg
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 frozen low-fat multigrain waffles
- 1 tablespoon shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Sliced tomato, optional
- In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook Canadian bacon over medium-high heat 1-2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg and green onion; add to the same pan. Cook and stir until egg is thickened and no liquid egg remains.
- Meanwhile, prepare waffles according to package directions. Place one waffle on a plate. Top with Canadian bacon, scrambled egg, cheese and, if desired, tomato. Top with remaining waffle. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Waffle Sandwich in Healthy Cooking August/September 2011, p16
Reviews for Waffle Sandwich
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review