- 1 slice Canadian bacon
- 1 large egg
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 frozen low-fat multigrain waffles
- 1 tablespoon shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Sliced tomato, optional
- In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook Canadian bacon over medium-high heat 1-2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg and green onion; add to the same pan. Cook and stir until egg is thickened and no liquid egg remains.
- Meanwhile, prepare waffles according to package directions. Place one waffle on a plate. Top with Canadian bacon, scrambled egg, cheese and, if desired, tomato. Top with remaining waffle. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Waffle Sandwich in Healthy Cooking August/September 2011, p16
Reviews for Waffle Sandwich
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 9, 2013
"my kids love this too"
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2011
"This is a delicious little treat for breakfast or any other time during the day. I used only 1 waffle and cut in half. Less calories. I also used a spray butter on the waffle. Enjoyed this treat very much..."