Thanks to apple pie spice and cinnamon, finicky eaters won't mind the heart-healthy use of whole wheat flour in these wonderful waffles. Give away half of the mix…and keep the other half for yourself! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking powder
- 1 tablespoon apple pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Store in an
- airtight container for up to 2 months. Yield: 6 batches (1-1/3 cups
- To prepare waffles: Place 1-1/3 cups waffle mix in a large bowl. In
- another bowl, whisk the milk, egg and oil. Stir into dry ingredients
- just until moistened.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s
- directions until golden brown. Yield: 6 waffles per batch.
Nutritional Facts: 2 waffles equals 358 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 463 mg sodium,