- 1 package (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 24 slices turkey pepperoni (about 1-1/2 ounces), quartered
- 2 ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon strips, chopped
- Pizza sauce, warmed
- Roll or press biscuits into 6-in. circles. On one biscuit, place 1/4 cup cheese, 6 slices pepperoni and a scant tablespoon chopped bacon to within 1/2 in. of edges. Top with a second biscuit, folding bottom edge over top edge and pressing to seal completely.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown, about 4-5 minutes. Meanwhile, repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve with pizza sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Waffle Iron Pizzas
"My son had a blast helping me put together these little pizza pockets. So much fun for our pizza themed Friday's. Will definitely do again!"
"My new favorite thing! These were SO good and so simple. The options are endless for what you could put inside. They came out crispy and melty and so delicious!! Make sure to spray your waffle iron with cooking spray. They were completely cooked in about 5 minutes. I did press on the iron a few times to make sure they were cooked through."