- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture (mixture will be thick).
- Drop dough in batches by tablespoonfuls 3-4 in. apart onto a greased preheated waffle iron. Bake 2-3 minutes or until dark brown.
- Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 32 cookies (8 batches).
Originally published as Waffle Iron Cookies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p75
Reviews for Waffle Iron Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review