Waffle Iron Chocolate Cookies
I reach for this recipe when I need a special dessert that requires little fuss. The cookies are quickly made in a waffle iron and then spread with chocolate frosting.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons baking cocoa
- Chocolate frosting
- In a bowl, combine sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla. Combine flour and
- cocoa; gradually add to the sugar mixture. Drop tablespoonfuls of
- batter into each section of a preheated waffle iron. Bake according
- to manufacturer's directions. Remove carefully; cool on wire racks.
- Spread with chocolate frosting. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 168 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 88 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.