Waffle Iron Chocolate Cookies Recipe
I reach for this recipe when I need a special dessert that requires little fuss. The cookies are quickly made in a waffle iron and then spread with chocolate frosting.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons baking cocoa
- Chocolate frosting
- In a bowl, combine sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla. Combine flour and cocoa; gradually add to the sugar mixture. Drop tablespoonfuls of batter into each section of a preheated waffle iron. Bake according to manufacturer's directions. Remove carefully; cool on wire racks. Spread with chocolate frosting. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Waffle Cookies in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p111
Reviews for Waffle Iron Chocolate Cookies(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 24, 2011
I grew up with these cookies we used to call them turtle cookies. They are easy and fun to make and taste like you have been slaving away at them all day. A great recipe for a quick dessert.