I prefer to prepare main dishes, but I do make desserts once in a while and appetizers for parties. This is a flavorful spread with a bit of zip. I've been making this for the holidays for over 15 years.—Wade Harmon, Orange, Massachusetts
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Assorted crackers
- Finely chop the shrimp; place in a bowl. Stir in the next six ingredients until well blended. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Serve with crackers. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Wade's Shrimp Spread in Taste of Home October/November 1996, p47
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Wade's Shrimp Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 2, 2015
"I made this and it was great! It had more zing"