Volcano Pancake Recipe
"Our daughter Charity enjoys making this cheesy puff pancake, then peeking in the oven to see how high it's risen," writes Kay Curtis from Guthrie, Oklahoma. "You can eliminate the cheese and serve it with confectioners' sugar or syrup instead," Kay suggests.
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, beat the eggs. Add milk, flour and salt; stir until smooth. Pour butter into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Add batter.
- Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Volcano Pancake in Quick Cooking May/June 1999, p42
Reviews for Volcano Pancake(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Kids Breakfast Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Pancakes >
- Simple Breakfast Recipes >
- Simple Vegetarian Recipes >