Vinegar Sugar Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Colored sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vinegar and vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Flatten to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with colored sugar.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie (calculated without colored sugar) equals 74 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 61 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.