- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Colored sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vinegar and vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Flatten to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with colored sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Vinegar Sugar Cookies
Sort By :
"LOVE this recipe"
"I made these cookies today and they ARE delicious! I admit that I DID make some adjustments to the recipe to suit my tastes by using 1 tsp. vanilla extract and 1 tsp.salt. This recipe is one which I'll be using time and time again! Thank you for sharing this recipe with Taste of Home!Dawn E. Lowenstein"
"The sugar cookies were very easy to make, no need for eggs. They are a soft crunchy cookie. They taste great! My only suggestion is, do not waste your time only making a single batch."
"I'd like to try this recipe but surprised there are NO EGGS, were they omitted by mistake?Is this a crispy cookie?"
"These have become the cookie I make the most! I always have the ingredients on hand, I love how they're so economical and can be fancied up using colored sugar!"