Mom gave me this recipe when I was married. It’s been in our family for generations. Young and old alike devour these scrumptious sugar cookies while I eat up the praise.—Josie Bochek, Sturgeon Bay, WI
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Colored sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vinegar and vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Flatten to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with colored sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Vinegar Sugar Cookies in Country Woman October/November 2009, p41
Reviews for Vinegar Sugar Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review