I WORK in a beauty salon, and one of my clients shared this recipe with me many years ago.
The name of this dish intrigued me, so I gave it a try. It's a refreshing summer favorite, and now, it goes hand in hand with barbecue at our house.
-Jeanette Fuehring, Concordia, Missouri
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 cup uncooked spiral noodles
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold
- water. Place in a bowl; add cucumber and onion. Combine remaining
- ingredients in a jar with tight-fitting lid; shake well. Pour over
- noodle mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least
- 1 hour. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 312 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 434 mg sodium, 71 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.