Mary Buhl, Duluth, Georgia
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/3 cup julienned sweet yellow or red pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 to 5 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket. Place in a saucepan over 1 in. of
- water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 5 minutes. Add zucchini
- and yellow pepper; cover and steam for 2 minutes or until vegetables
- are crisp-tender.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, garlic,
- salt and thyme; shake well. Transfer vegetables to a serving bowl;
- add dressing and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 82 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 211 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.