—Mary Buhl, Duluth, Georgia
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/3 cup julienned sweet yellow or red pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 to 5 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket. Place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 5 minutes. Add zucchini and yellow pepper; cover and steam for 2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and thyme; shake well. Transfer vegetables to a serving bowl; add dressing and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Vinaigrette Vegetables in Quick Cooking May/June 2002, p14
Reviews for Vinaigrette Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 1, 2013
"This recipe is simple, but very delicious. The vinaigrette for the vegetables is very tasty, but not overpowering. I will be making this veggie dish again and again!"