This slightly tangy oil and vinegar dressing complements a bowl of mixed salad greens or a colorful vegetable toss nicely. It's not overpowering, so the fresh vegetable flavors shine through.
-Rosemarie Forcum, White Stone, Virginia
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 4 cups torn Bibb lettuce
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onion, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, sugar, salt, seasoned salt and
- pepper. Gradually whisk in oil. In a large bowl, combine lettuces
- and onion if desired. Serve with dressing. Yield: 12 servings (about
- 1/2 cup dressing).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2/3 cup) equals 87 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 68 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.