Vinaigrette Asparagus Salad Recipe
A light, lemony vinaigrette drapes the crisp asparagus in this well-seasoned salad from Linda Lacek of Winter Park, Florida. "The dressing can bleach the vegetables it touches, so toss the asparagus with the vinaigrette just before serving," Linda advises.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:4 servings
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon or 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash salt
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1. For vinaigrette, in a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first seven ingredients; shake well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. In a large skillet, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry. Place in a serving bowl; cover and refrigerate. Just before serving, shake vinaigrette and drizzle over asparagus. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 77 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 59 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC