Vinaigrette Asparagus Salad Recipe
A light, lemony vinaigrette drapes the crisp asparagus in this well-seasoned salad from Linda Lacek of Winter Park, Florida. "The dressing can bleach the vegetables it touches, so toss the asparagus with the vinaigrette just before serving," Linda advises.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon or 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash salt
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- For vinaigrette, in a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first seven ingredients; shake well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a large skillet, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry. Place in a serving bowl; cover and refrigerate. Just before serving, shake vinaigrette and drizzle over asparagus. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Vinaigrette Asparagus Salad in Taste of Home April/May 2007, p49
Reviews for Vinaigrette Asparagus Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review