- In a small bowl, mix vinegar, sugar and salt until blended. Stir in
- carrots and onion; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet, cook pork, ginger and garlic over medium heat 6-8
- minutes or until pork is no longer pink, breaking up pork into
- crumbles; drain. Stir in soy sauce, mirin, salt, pepper and, if
- desired, fish sauce.
- To serve, drain carrot mixture. Place pork mixture in lettuce leaves;
- top with cucumber, red pepper, green onions, carrot mixture and
- herbs. Sprinkle with jalapeno and peanuts; drizzle with hoisin
- sauce. Squeeze lime juice over tops. Fold lettuce over filling.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.