Vietnamese Crunchy Chicken Salad Recipe
When I lived in Cleveland I dined at a really good Vietnamese restaurant. There was a dish that I couldn't get enough of. Since I had it so frequently, I figured out the components and flavors and created my own easy-to-make version. Everyone who tasted it loves it. —Erin Schillo, Sagamore Hills, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + marinating Cook: 10 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- SALAD :
- 5 cups thinly sliced cabbage (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 cup salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, mix the first seven ingredients; add chicken and toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add half of the chicken mixture; stir-fry 4-5 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from pan; repeat with remaining chicken. Cool slightly.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine cabbage, cilantro, carrots and chicken; toss to combine. Add peanuts and dressing; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC