The fudge recipe from my mother combines two ingredients commonly found in Viennese desserts—semisweet chocolate and hazelnuts. It's a staple in my home at the holidays. —Loranne Weir, San Ramon, California
64 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 teaspoon plus 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1-1/2 cups (9 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/2 cups ground hazelnuts, toasted
- Line an 8-in. square pan with foil and butter the foil with 1
- teaspoon butter; set aside. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar,
- milk, salt and remaining butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat,
- stirring constantly. Boil and stir for 6 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in marshmallows until melted. Add
- chocolate chips and stir until melted. Stir in vanilla and nuts.
- Pour into prepared pan. Let stand at room temperature until cool.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan; cut into 1-in. squares. Store in
- an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 pounds.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 67 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 29 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.