- 1 teaspoon plus 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1-1/2 cups (9 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups ground hazelnuts, toasted
- Line an 8-in. square pan with foil and butter the foil with 1 teaspoon butter; set aside. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, milk, salt and remaining butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil and stir for 6 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in marshmallows until melted. Add chocolate chips and stir until melted. Stir in vanilla and nuts. Pour into prepared pan. Let stand at room temperature until cool.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan; cut into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 pounds.
Reviews for Viennese Fudge
Sort By :
"Not creamy enough"
"I made this recently using ground pecans & it was great. Great texture, just as sweet as it needed to be. Added the nut flavor without the big chunks. A definite keeper."
"Fudge is an absolute favourite in our home and my family loves this fudge. It's one we'll be making for christmas for many years to come."