- whites, flour, corn syrup and cinnamon; cook over low heat until a
- thermometer reads 200°, stirring constantly. Remove from the
- heat; stir in extract and baking powder. Spread jam over crust;
- spread almond mixture over top.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool
- completely on a wire rack. Cut into 54 squares; cut each diagonally
- into two triangles.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip
- half of each triangle in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place
- on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: 9 dozen.
To Make Ahead: Can be made 2 days in advance. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Nutritional Facts: 1 triangle equals 75 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 29 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.