- 3 cups chopped Vidalia or other sweet onion (about 1 large)
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Fresh coarsely ground pepper, optional
- Assorted crackers or fresh vegetables
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, mix the first five ingredients. Transfer to a deep-dish pie plate.
- Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until edges are golden brown and onion is tender. If desired, sprinkle with pepper. Serve warm with crackers. Yield: 20 servings (1/4 cup each).
Reviews for Vidalia Onion Swiss Dip
"I had I hopes for this but alas... It was creamy but the flavor was terrible."
"Served this at a house party and it was a real hit! Gone quickly and numerous requests for the recipe. Served it with scoop tortilla chips. Made recipe exactly as listed but next time I may cut back a bit of the Mayo and add a little more Swiss cheese. Also important to drain excess liquid from chopped onions to avoid dip from becoming too runny. Will definitely be making this again,"
"Ooey-gooey marvelous is the best way to describe this delicious dip. It was difficult to show any restraint with this luscious dip sitting in front of me. We had it with scoop style corn chips. It's definitely a keeper. Thanks, Judy for another home run!!!"