Vidalia Onion Bake Recipe
The mild taste of Vidalias makes this casserole appealing to onion lovers and non-fans alike. It's an excellent accompaniment to beef, pork or chicken. —Katrina Stitt, Zephyrhills, Florida
- 6 large sweet onions, sliced (about 12 cups)
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Romano cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. In a large skillet, saute onions in butter until tender and liquid has evaporated. Place half the onions in a greased 2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with half the cracker crumbs and cheeses. Repeat layers.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
2/3 cup equals 386 calories, 22 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 506 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Vidalia Onion Bake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC