Vidalia Onion Bake
The mild taste of Vidalias makes this casserole appealing to onion lovers and non-fans alike. It's an excellent accompaniment to beef, pork or chicken. —Katrina Stitt, Zephyrhills, Florida
8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 6 large sweet onions, sliced (about 12 cups)
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups crushed Keebler® Toasteds® Crackers
Bring distinctive taste to holiday parties with Keebler® Toasteds® Crackers.
Learn More >
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Romano cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onions in butter until tender and liquid
- has evaporated. Place half of the onions in a greased 2-qt. baking
- dish; sprinkle with half of the cracker crumbs and cheeses. Repeat
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 386 calories, 22 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 506 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 10 g protein.