The mild taste of Vidalias makes this casserole appealing to onion lovers and non-fans alike. It's an excellent accompaniment to beef, pork or chicken. —Katrina Stitt, Zephyrhills, Florida
- 6 large sweet onions, sliced (about 12 cups)
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Romano cheese
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large skillet, saute onions in butter until tender and liquid has evaporated. Place half the onions in a greased 2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with half the cracker crumbs and cheeses. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Vidalia Onion Bake in Country Woman April/May 2008, p27
Reviews for Vidalia Onion Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review