Vidalia Onion Bake Recipe
- 6 large sweet onions, sliced (about 12 cups)
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups crushed Keebler® Toasteds® Crackers
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Romano cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onions in butter until tender and liquid has evaporated. Place half of the onions in a greased 2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with half of the cracker crumbs and cheeses. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Vidalia Onion Bake(4)
Sort By :
This recipe was easy to make and so delicious. It will become a regular item for our meals!
This recipe is excellent--and so easy! I didn't have any Romano cheese, so I increased the cheddar and Parmesan by about 1/2 cup each. I'm going to make this for Christmas instead of my usual creamed onions.
I liked it. The wife didn't care for it so much. Next Time I'll try it with a little less cheese and some sour cream.
Vidalia onion bake is a simple dish my family makes when we think it will fit in with what we are eating. It's delicious and easy to make and does not require a lot of attention so we do just fine with it. It's a keeper and going in my recipe box.
More Recipe Collections
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Side Dishes >
- Country Woman Vegetarian Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Vegetarian Recipes >