- 6 large sweet onions, sliced (about 12 cups)
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Romano cheese
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large skillet, saute onions in butter until tender and liquid has evaporated. Place half the onions in a greased 2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with half the cracker crumbs and cheeses. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Vidalia Onion Bake
Sort By :
This recipe is an instant favorite. It was simple to make. The best I could describe this is like a baked blooming onion but much tastier.
This recipe was easy to make and so delicious. It will become a regular item for our meals!
This recipe is excellent--and so easy! I didn't have any Romano cheese, so I increased the cheddar and Parmesan by about 1/2 cup each. I'm going to make this for Christmas instead of my usual creamed onions.
I liked it. The wife didn't care for it so much. Next Time I'll try it with a little less cheese and some sour cream.
Vidalia onion bake is a simple dish my family makes when we think it will fit in with what we are eating. It's delicious and easy to make and does not require a lot of attention so we do just fine with it. It's a keeper and going in my recipe box.