These slightly sweet onion muffins are a snap to make and are great when served with homemade stew or soup. I hope this recipe becomes a favorite with your family as much as it has with mine.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped Vidalia or sweet onion
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats and sugar. In another bowl,
- whisk the egg, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until
- moistened. Fold in cheese and onion.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for
- 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5
- minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 172 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 176 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.