Vidalia Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped Vidalia or sweet onion
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats and sugar. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cheese and onion.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Vidalia Muffins(1)
Sort By :
Made exactly like the recipe 3 0r 4 times, gave some to friends. We all LOVE them. Today I substituted my dry ingredients for my cornbread recipe for the self-rising flour and used the other ingredients called for in this recipe, except I added 3/4th cup of drained whole kernal corn. I did add more milk to make it the right consistency. They are delicious with the corn bread mixture, too. Today I had to substitute regular onions, since there were no sweet onions in the store.