- 4 to 5 large Vidalia or sweet onions, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 10 butter-flavored crackers, crushed
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute onions in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream.
- Spoon half into a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Top with remaining onion mixture and crackers. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Vidalia Casserole
"We all loved this recipe, as is, for Sunday dinner with roasted potatoes and chicken.I used Maya Sweet onions and only needed three because they are large and it seemed like a lot for a 1 quart dish. I used a 2 quart casserole and it was filled up 3/4 of the way.Will surely make it again!"
"Loved it! I was looking for a recipe to use my onions, and found this one. I took the suggestions of others and added swiss cheese and french fried onions. I will definitely make this again."
"Vidalia onions are out of season here so I used Texas Sweet. We liked this recipe a lot. Did not have crackers so used 1-1/2 c. French fried onions on top as suggested below. Will make again."
"This is now my family's favorite and I will forever be asked to bring this dish. I added swiss cheese on top of the parmesan cheese and it really popped. I also used french fried onions on top as I had no crackers. You can't get too much onion!"
"After raving over this side dish, he could not believe there were only 5 ingredients. We have added this recipe to our 'favorites' recipe box and make it often."