Vidalia Casserole Recipe
- 4 to 5 large Vidalia or sweet onions, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 10 Keebler® Toasteds® Crackers, crushed
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute onions in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream.
- Spoon half into a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Top with remaining onion mixture and crackers. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Vidalia Casserole(7)
Sort By :
Loved it! I was looking for a recipe to use my onions, and found this one. I took the suggestions of others and added swiss cheese and french fried onions. I will definitely make this again.
Vidalia onions are out of season here so I used Texas Sweet. We liked this recipe a lot. Did not have crackers so used 1-1/2 c. French fried onions on top as suggested below. Will make again.
This is now my family's favorite and I will forever be asked to bring this dish. I added swiss cheese on top of the parmesan cheese and it really popped. I also used french fried onions on top as I had no crackers. You can't get too much onion!
After raving over this side dish, he could not believe there were only 5 ingredients. We have added this recipe to our 'favorites' recipe box and make it often.
This is a great side with steak and on baked potatoes. I did add a few sliced mushrooms to the onion mixture in the skillet. But I love onion and mushrooms together!!!