Convenient crescent roll dough is dressed up with vegetables and a tasty cream cheese spread to create an appetizer that resembles a football field.
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 10 to 12 drops hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped ripe olives
- 3 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened, divided
- 7 medium fresh mushroom caps
- 7 large cherry tomatoes
- 1 slice process American cheese
- 1 slice process Swiss cheese
- 1 whole pitted ripe olive
- 3 to 5 drops food coloring
- Unroll crescent roll dough into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Seal seams and perforations; press dough up sides of pan. Prick with a fork. Bake at 375° for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown; cool on a wire rack. In a bowl, beat cream cheese, mayonnaise and seasonings until smooth. Stir in cheddar cheese, green pepper, mushrooms, onion and olives. Spread over crust. Sprinkle broccoli over "field" to within 2 in. of each short side. Sprinkle end zones with chopped tomatoes and mushrooms. Set aside 2 tablespoons cream cheese. Place remaining cream cheese in a small heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut 1/4-in. hole in once corner. Pipe yard lines every 2 in. over broccoli. (A small amount will remain in bag; set aside) for helmets, cut an opening in mushroom caps; carefully clean out. Cut opening in cherry tomatoes on paper towels. With 3/4-in. circle cutter,cut seven circles from each slice of cheese. Insert American cheese circles into mushrooms and Swiss circles into tomatoes, Cut a very small hole in a different corner of reserved bag. Pipe cream cheese lines on tomato helmets and laces on olive. In another small plastic bag, combine food coloring and reserved cream cheese. Cut a small hole in one corner; pipe lines on mushroom helmets. Place all helmets on field with olive football in middle. Yield: 24 servings.
Originally published as Victory Veggie Pizza in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p21
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Victory Veggie Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review