Victorian Plum Conserve Recipe
- 3 medium navel oranges
- 12 ripe plums (about 4 pounds), pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups raisins
- 1 cup chopped peeled ripe pears
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Grate the peel from the oranges, reserving the peel (about 1/3 cup). Peel off and discard white membrane; section the oranges. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine the orange sections and peel, plums, raisins, pears, sugar, allspice and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook for 1 hour or until thickened, stirring frequently.
- 2. Pour hot mixture into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Adjust caps. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling water bath. Yield: 9 half-pints.
2 tablespoon: 51 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein .
Reviews for Victorian Plum Conserve
"This not only tasted good, but the smell was so wonderful. Thanks for sharing."