Victorian Plum Conserve Recipe
- 3 medium navel oranges
- 12 ripe plums (about 4 pounds), pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups raisins
- 1 cup chopped peeled ripe pears
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Grate the peel from the oranges, reserving the peel (about 1/3 cup). Peel off and discard white membrane; section the oranges. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine the orange sections and peel, plums, raisins, pears, sugar, allspice and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook for 1 hour or until thickened, stirring frequently.
- 2. Pour hot mixture into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Adjust caps. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling water bath. Yield: 9 half-pints.
2 tablespoon: 51 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (12g sugars, trace fiber), trace protein
Reviews for Victorian Plum Conserve
"This not only tasted good, but the smell was so wonderful. Thanks for sharing."