Vibrant Veggie Stir-Fry
From Alverton, Pennsylvania, Betty Claycomb whips up a simple side dish featuring broccoli, carrots and zucchini. "Over the years, my husband and I have learned to cook with less fat and sugar so we can enjoy good health as we grow older," she shares.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup fresh baby carrots, quartered lengthwise
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry broccoli and carrots in oil
- for 5 minutes. Add the zucchini, salt and pepper; stir-fry 4-5
- minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 58 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 322 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable.