Very Veggie Soup Recipe
“I created this soup in an effort to make my family's diet healthier. We have a bowl for lunch or with our dinner. It helps us get our daily helping of vegetables, and its delicious!” —Jaime Sargent, Farmington, New York
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Cook: 35 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1-1/3 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 carton (32 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic, undrained
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 cup meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a Dutch oven, saute the zucchini, mushrooms and onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the broth, tomatoes, broccoli, carrots, spaghetti sauce and seasonings.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in spinach; heat through. Garnish each serving with cheese. Yield: 6 servings (2 quarts).
2 cups (calculated without cheese) equals 134 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1,527 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC