“I created this soup in an effort to make my family's diet healthier. We have a bowl for lunch or with our dinner. It helps us get our daily helping of vegetables, and its delicious!” —Jaime Sargent, Farmington, New York
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1-1/3 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 carton (32 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic, undrained
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 cup meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- Parmesan cheese
- In a Dutch oven, saute the zucchini, mushrooms and onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the broth, tomatoes, broccoli, carrots, spaghetti sauce and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in spinach; heat through. Garnish each serving with cheese. Yield: 6 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Very Veggie Soup in Taste of Home December/January 2009, p28
Reviews for Very Veggie Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review